The 2014 Dodge Charger is Available Now!
What do we expect at from the 2014 Dodge Charger when it arrives at our dealership in Cedar Rapids, IA? Nothing has been set in stone yet, and the only rumbles to come out of Dodge are about a new all-wheel drive Charger Pursuit edition available to police departments. We can, however, make some educated guesses about the 2014 model year. Here's what drivers in the Marion area can expect.
While there might not be a lot of big changes for the 2014 Dodge Charger, we're sure there will be some little ones:
- We could see a standard eight-speed automatic transmission. Currently available on some trim levels, an eight-speed transmission would likely improve the fuel economy of the Charger.
- A larger UConnect infotainment system could come standard. Right now, the base 2013 Charger gets a 4.3-inch touchscreen unit, and the biggest available is 8.4 inches.
- The base 2013 Charger gets a bunch of safety features like anti-lock disc brakes, brake assist, ready alert for braking, and rain brake support, but it is lacking some important features like a blind-spot monitoring system, forward collision warning system, adaptive cruise control, and rear cross-path detection, which are all available on higher trim levels. We could see any or all of those features making their way into lower trims.
- We doubt the Charger will see much in the way of external changes; it is only a year or two away from a generational refresh, so what we would expect is minor adjustments to the front fascia, maybe some upgraded headlights, and different wheels. The Charger still looks fantastic, with aggressive front end and swooping, coupe-like roofline.
- Other comfort and convenience features like dual-zone automatic temperature control and eight-way power adjustable seats could be standard on all trims in the future.
Visit Pat McGrath Dodge Country
All of us at Pat McGrath Dodge Country are happy to bring you up to date news on future vehicles like the 2014 Dodge Charger. We're located at 4610 Center Point Road NE in Cedar Rapids, IA, less than ten minutes west of Marion. Visit us today to check out all the latest Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Ram vehicles. We're sure we have something that will fit your needs.